Verbal Behavior Associates provides applied behavior analysis (ABA) services to children with impacted by autism or other developmental delays as well as children who demonstrate moderate-severe behavior problems.
Applied Behavior Analysis is the scientific application of the principles of learning and motivation to increase behaviors and skills of social significance. ABA is empirically validated as an effective intervention in teaching the skills to improve the core skill deficits of autism. The effectiveness of ABA interventions has also been demonstrated across thousands of published research studies with various populations of individuals, settings, and behaviors.
Our instructional intervention addresses clients’ skill deficits to increase overall independence: We assess for and work on:
- Increasing functional communication
- Expanding listener and speaker skills
- Reducing maladaptive behavior and teaching appropriate replacement behaviors
- Social Skills
- Self-Management/Adaptive skills
- Gross and Fine motor skills related to academic readiness
- Learning Capabilities: Generalized Imitation, Incidental Language Learning, Observational Learning
In addition to providing direct ABA services to clients in the home, school, and community settings, we also collaborate and support school districts in the San Diego, Orange, and South Inland Empire counties.
We provide school consultations, independent evaluations, training for district paraprofessionals, and workshops for state agencies, private preschools, and other public and private organizations.